Tekken 8 is a fighting game created by Bandai Namco Studios and Arika. The game was released by Bandai Namco Entertainment on January 26, 2024, for PlayStation 5, Windows, and Xbox Series X/S. This game is the eighth canon release and the tenth overall entry in the Tekken series. While many players have fun with this game, some encounter synchronization problems. The issue with Tekken 8 arises when the multiplayer mode fails to synchronize correctly, causing an out-of-sync problem. If you’re experiencing issues with Tekken 8’s multiplayer not working, refer to this guide for assistance.
The multiplayer syncing problem in Tekken 8 can be quite troublesome if you encounter mods. Mods are user-created modifications to the game that can alter the gameplay. Some mods may not be fully compatible with the game’s multiplayer mode and could conflict with other mods used by other players. In addition, problems with network connectivity or antivirus software can also cause issues with multiplayer functionality.
Luckily, we have a few potential solutions that can assist you. Be sure to attempt every method until the issue is fixed. Alright, let’s jump right in.
1. Reboot the Game and the PC
To resolve any temporary glitches or cache data issues, reboot the Tekken 8 game and your PC. It will refresh the system and fix the problem.
2. Run the Game as an administrator
Running the game application file on your PC as an administrator can help you avoid any privilege issues related to user account control. Furthermore, running the Steam client or any Games Launcher as an administrator on your PC is advised. Here’s how:
1. Locate the Tekken 8 application on your PC and right-click on it.
2. Go to Properties and then navigate to the Compatibility tab.
3. Select the checkbox that says Run this program as an administrator.
4. Click on Apply and then select OK to save your changes.
Also, remember to follow these steps for the Steam client or the Epic Games Launcher. This guide will assist you in resolving any issues you may encounter while running Tekken 8 on your PC.
3. Check for the Game Updates
If you still need to update your Tekken 8 game, check for the latest updates by following these steps.
1. Launch the Steam client and navigate to your Library.
2. Select Tekken 8 from the menu on the left.
3. It will search for the available Update.
4. Remember to click on Update if there is an available update.
5. There may be a short delay while the update finishes.
6. After completing the task, close the Steam client and restart your PC to implement the changes.
4. Verify and Repair the Game Files
You can easily verify and repair the installed game files on your PC to ensure there are no issues with the game files. Just follow the steps below. Launching a game can be troublesome if you encounter corrupted or missing files.
1. Open Steam and navigate to your Library.
2. Locate Tekken 8 in the list of installed games and right-click on it.
3. Next, navigate to Properties and then select Local Files.
4. Please select the option to verify the integrity of the game files.
5. Please be patient while the process finishes.
6. After completing the task, restart your computer.
5. Try Disabling the Mods
If you’re having trouble with server connectivity during gameplay, consider turning off any mods you’ve installed in the game. Mods can be both helpful and troublesome for your gaming experience. Disabling them can help determine if they are the source of the issue you’re experiencing.
6. Check the Internet Connection
Before jumping to conclusions, examining your internet connection thoroughly is crucial. A weak or unstable network can frequently lead to various issues. Consider switching between a wired (Ethernet) connection and Wi-Fi to rule out any problems with your network connectivity. You can proceed to the next step if your internet connection functions correctly.
7. Use Revert Turn in Tekken 8
Sometimes, you may encounter a server connectivity issue that causes your game to become out-of-sync during a turn. Okay, go back to the start of the round. Make sure the host player goes to the game menu and clicks on Options. Choose the option to revert the turn. It will reset the game to the beginning of the turn, giving players a fresh start.
8. Try Disabling VPN or Proxy
You may be using a VPN service on your networking or gaming device. Using a VPN to connect to game servers in different regions occasionally leads to server connectivity issues.
9. Disable the Antivirus and Firewall Settings
Your Windows Defender Firewall or third-party antivirus program is likely preventing the connections or game files from working properly. For a smoother experience, consider temporarily disabling the real-time protection and firewall protection to prevent interference.
Give it a shot and see if the problem with Tekken 8 multiplayer not working on the PC has been resolved. Here’s how:
1. Open the Start Menu and search for “firewall.”
2. Choose Windows Defender Firewall from the search results.
3. Next, select “Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off” in the left pane.
4. Clicking on the link will open a new page. Choose the option to turn off Windows Defender Firewall for both the Private and Public Network Settings. Keep in mind that this is not recommended.
5. After selecting, click on the OK button to save your changes.
6. Lastly, reboot your computer.
Also, make sure to disable the Windows Security protection. Follow these steps:
1. To open Windows Settings, press the Win+I keys.
2. Next, select Update & Security and choose Windows Security from the left pane.
3. Click on the button labeled Open Windows Security.
4. Navigate to Virus & Threat Protection and select Manage Settings.
5. Disable the real-time protection option.
6. If prompted, select Yes to continue.
7. In addition, you can disable Cloud-delivered protection and Tamper protection if desired.
10. Update Windows
Updating your Windows OS build to the latest version is always a good idea. It can help fix any issues or glitches with the system.
1. To open Windows Settings, press the Win+I keys.
2. Next, select the option for Update & Security.
3. Click on Check for updates in the Windows Update section.
4. If there is an update, click on Download and Install.
5. Just be patient while the installation process finishes.
6. After completing the task, remember to restart your computer so that the changes take effect.
11. Contact Support
If you still need help after trying the workarounds, contact Support through this link to submit a ticket and get a faster resolution.
That’s all, folks. We hope this guide was helpful for you. If you have any additional questions, feel free to comment below.